609 Woody Dr Graham, NC 27253 | Temp
Responsible for the movement of trailers to and from the load/unload doors and throughout the yard. May also be responsible for the physical loading, unloading and/or sorting of packages by hand, including lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying and placing, in a safe and efficient manner.
Shift: 3: 00 PM to 3: 00 AM, 5 days a week
• Performs trailer switches defined as hooking and moving a parked trailer from the yard to a load/unload door or hooking and moving a trailer from a door to the yard or from yard to yard.
• Communicates with management and/or central control to coordinate trailer movements in the yard.
• Documents trailer moves using the Yard Management System (where available) or switcher cards.
• Performs pre- and post-trip inspections on switcher equipment.
• Understands and demonstrates effective yard switching safety processes and procedures.
• 1 year driving with CDL-A; nine (9) months of experience as a switching/CDL operator experience preferred.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure:
• Must have a valid driver’ s license and maintain a Department of Transportation (DOT) file.
• Ability to understand and follow instruction regarding work duties and safety methods.
• Ability to discern numbers and information in order to sort trailers correctly.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
If you have questions about the job or would like to apply, please call Jamie at (919) 808-1010.