8920 Yellow Brick RD Baltimore, MD 21236
We are looking for a General Laborer who has experience with customer service or working with the public for a job in the Baltimore, MD area. We would like to hire somebody who can positively represent our company and work at the front door purchasing and interacting with customers.
You would grade, sort, clean and bale scrap metal for recycling. This position requires safely operating machinery.
General Laborer job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Making scrap purchases from customers
• Weighing and recording each load, grading and sorting it according to quality and value, either by hand or machine
• Cleaning the scrap metal using machines (balers) to crush the scrap into bales
• Operating lift trucks to stack or load the sorted metal
You would normally work around 40 hours a week, Monday to Saturday with one day off in between and off Sundays.
The work often takes place outdoors, in all weather conditions. The job can be physically demanding, with lots of bending and heavy lifting (up to 75 pounds). Conditions can be dirty and noisy. The job requires wearing protective clothing such as safety boots, goggles, safety glasses, a helmet and gloves.
General Laborer requirements:
• The ability to work as part of a team
• Confidence in operating machinery
• Awareness of health and safety
• Basic math skills
• Must complete a full employment screening
• Positive, courteous, and friendly attitude
• Willingness to learn
If you have questions about the job or want to apply, call us at (410) 244-1771.
Or come into the office to apply in person! Our walk-in application hours are from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM, and again between 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM at:
7850 Rossville Blvd
Baltimore, MD 21236