5901 Northwoods Business Parkway Ste G Charlotte, NC 28269
We need an experienced Plumbing Mechanic for our facility in Charlotte!
Candidates will ensure proper flow and drainage of water, air and other gases by assembling, installing, and repairing pipes, fittings, and plumbing fixtures. Will also and provide for the safe condition and operation of all plumbing systems.
Shift: 1st shift, Monday through Friday
Pay: Depends on experience
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assemble, install, maintain and pressure test all pipes, fittings and fixtures of heating, water drainage, sprinkler and gas systems according to specifications and plumbing.
• Determine sources of plumbing malfunctions and complete repairs as indicated or according to work orders.
• Install and repair pipes, fittings, valves, fixtures and plumbing system equipment including sinks, commodes, water heaters, water softeners, etc.
• Receive and complete work orders.
• Select materials and hardware; ensure time and labor estimates are accurate.
• Maintain accurate inventory records for materials ordered and used.
• In partnership with foreman, ensure all areas are cleaned.
• Review blueprints and building codes/specifications to determine work details and procedures.
• Measure, cut thread and bend pipe to specified angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe bending and/or pipe threading machines.
• Respond to emergency calls as needed.
• Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Completion of trade/technical school or other apprenticeship program
• Minimum of 3-5 years of prior work experience as a plumber' s mechanic in commercial or light industrial settings
• Ability to use power tools and equipment commonly used in the construction trade in a safe manner
• Must be familiar with North Carolina plumbing requirements
Please submit your resume for consideration! If you have questions about the position, call Jamie at (919) 808-1010.