Production Worker / Batch Maker
330 Van Brunt Englewood, NJ 07631
We need a qualified and reliable Production Worker for a Batch Maker position at our facility in Englewood.
You will be responsible for the manufacturing of bulk food products to be filled and packed as required by the daily production schedule. This operation is to be performed following all established safety and company guidelines.
Production Worker job requirements:
• Read batch cards to determine product specifications, processing information, technical information.
• Record production and test data for each food product batch, such as: ingredients and lot numbers used, temperatures, mixing speeds, test results
• Monitor and regulate gauges, recording instruments, flow meters, and thermometers to correctly adjust the addition of raw materials, mixing temperatures, mixing speeds, etc. to maintain product quality, and ensure safe and efficient operation.
• Operate and tend machines to mix or blend any of a wide variety of food products such as edible oils, dressings, margarines, spreads, shortenings, cooking Sherries, vinegars, cooking wines, etc.
• Patrol work area to detect leaks, equipment malfunctions, and to monitor operating conditions. Report any deficiencies to Production Supervisor / Maintenance Supervisor.
• Examine product samples during production in order to evaluate necessary in-process testing requirements. Sample in-process products for the quality assurance laboratory for testing. Test samples of products to ensure compliance with specifications, using test equipment. Document results in required log books and/or batch records. Report any deviations of results to the Quality Assurance Manager.
• Modify manufacturing directives with written authorization by the Quality Assurance Department by adjusting mixing time cycles and/or addition of ingredients.
• Responsible for having knowledge of transfer valves, pumps, etc. which transfers bulk product from manufacturing tanks to run tanks.
• Direct other workers who are assisting in the batch making processes.
• Immediate start
• Weekly pay
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits available
If you have questions about the job or want to apply, call us at (732) 243-8501.