Experienced Maintenance Mechanics
Sauget, IL 62206 US
Monday to Friday
7am - 5pm
$18 an hour plus overtime
- Install, adjust, and repair production equipment and special purpose machines as assigned.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools to repair, grease, weld, cut, change parts and complete tasks as assigned.
- Weld and use cutting torch as required.
- Perform general repairs to plant structures.
- Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Test malfunctioning machinery determine repairs and discuss with supervisor for approval and repair as needed.
- Replace faulty parts, electrical wires, motors, controls and circuit boards.
- Install equipment and electrical components and test to ensure proper functioning.
- Observe mechanical devices and equipment and listen to sounds to determine proper functioning or identify causes of trouble.
- Dismantle equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools and power tools. Replace and install parts as needed.
- Lubricate and clean parts and equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Ensure safety guidelines are followed.
- Perform maintenance on loaders
- Preventative maintenance on forklifts
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.