Experienced Metal Fabricator ($22 to $24 HR)
2353 Davis Ave Hayward, CA 94545 US
We are seeking a skilled Saw Operator to join our team and contribute to the production of high-quality metal products. The Saw Operator will be responsible for interpreting blueprints, operating machinery, and using various tools to cut, shape, and assemble metal components. The ideal candidate should have experience in working with different types of metal and be proficient in welding, cutting, and forming techniques.
- Monday to Friday (1:30 PM to 10:00 PM)
- $22HR to $24 HR depending on experience
- $45,000 to $50,000 annual salary average
- Must be willing to train for 2 weeks ( 5:00 AM to 12:30 PM)
- Interpret technical drawings, blueprints, and schematics to understand project specifications.
- Cut, shape, and form metal components using a variety of tools, including saws, shears, and presses.
- Weld, braze, solder, or rivet metal parts to join them together according to design requirements.
- Operate and maintain machinery and equipment such as press brakes, punch presses, and laser cutting machines.
- Set up machines, select appropriate tools, and adjust settings to achieve precise measurements and cuts.
- Select and prepare the appropriate type and gauge of metal for fabrication.
- Handle and transport metal sheets, bars, and other materials safely and efficiently.
- Inspect fabricated parts to ensure they meet quality standards, specifications, and tolerances.
- Make adjustments as necessary to achieve accurate dimensions and smooth finishes.
Welding and Joining:
- Perform various welding techniques (MIG, TIG, stick) to fuse metal components together.
- Ensure strong, durable, and aesthetically pleasing welds while following safety guidelines.
Layout and Assembly:
- Lay out and mark dimensions and reference lines on metal sheets for accurate cutting and shaping.
- Assemble fabricated components using techniques such as bolting, clamping, or welding.
Safety and Compliance:
- Follow safety protocols and use personal protective equipment (PPE) to ensure a safe working environment.
- Adhere to workplace safety regulations and guidelines for handling hazardous materials and equipment.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues during the fabrication process, making necessary adjustments or seeking assistance as needed.
- Maintain accurate records of materials used, work performed, and time spent on each project.
- Complete required documentation for quality control and compliance purposes.
- Collaborate with supervisors, engineers, and colleagues to discuss project requirements, progress, and any challenges.
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical training in metal fabrication is a plus.
- Proven experience as a Metal Fabricator or similar role.
- Proficiency in interpreting technical drawings and blueprints.
- Strong knowledge of various metals, their properties, and appropriate fabrication techniques.
- Welding certification (e.g., AWS) is desirable.
- Familiarity with fabrication tools and equipment, such as saws, grinders, and bending machines.
- Physical stamina and manual dexterity to handle metal materials and operate machinery.
- Attention to detail and precision to achieve accurate measurements and finishes.
- Safety-conscious mindset and adherence to safety guidelines.
- Problem-solving skills to identify and resolve fabrication challenges.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills.